Let’s Draw! with Jeannie Donovan
6 weeks Tuesdays, April 2 – May 7, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Cost: $150.00 due upon registration
Have you always wanted to draw but think you don’t have the talent? Turn off your electronic devices and start drawing! In this fun and invigorating class we will explore the elements of drawing and design as you build your creative and perceptual skills using a variety of drawing media. The class is open to adults and high school students who want to build a portfolio for art school application, or simply like to draw.
Materials list is below.
To register, email email@example.com or call the Center at 413 584-7327. Please include your name, address, and telephone contact. Course fees are payable in advance by check to “NCFA” and can be mailed to the Northampton Center for the Arts, PO Box 366, Northampton MA 01061. We do not accept credit cards.
Classes are held in our lower level studio at 33 Hawley Street. Parking is free.
For questions about the class itself, contact Jeannie Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-359-9131
Jeannie Donovan is an exhibiting painter and paper maker who has taught painting and drawing to students of all ages for over 25 years.
• Sketch book (10 x 14”) white drawing paper pad
• 18 x 24” white drawing paper pad
• drawing pencils: 2H, F, 2B, 4B, Ebony
• 2 packages vine charcoal (1 thick and 1 thin sticks)
• 1 3-pack jumbo charcoal (6B)
• 2 white pastel or chalk sticks
• 1 brown pastel stick
• 2 sheets gray charcoal/pastel drawing paper
• 1 bottle (1oz) black drawing ink
• 1 drawing ink pen (holder and point)
• 1 student camel hair watercolor paint brush (#10 round)
• 2 kneaded rubber erasers
• pencil sharpener